What is Privacy Connections?
Hosted by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC), Privacy Connections is a network of professionals in the Australian corporate and not-for-profit sectors that seeks to:
- provide a forum for the exchange of ideas relating to good privacy practice
- promote awareness of privacy developments, including privacy law reform
- enhance interaction with the OAIC.
Privacy Connections activities
Privacy Connections aims to offer the following activities:
- events offering practical guidance on privacy compliance and complaint handling
- participation in Privacy Awareness Week (PAW)
During 2013 the OAIC hosted the Privacy Awareness Week 2013 business breakfast for the Privacy Connections network.
Who can join Privacy Connections?
Membership is open to anyone who works in a privacy, compliance, risk management, legal affairs, regulatory, law enforcement, customer relations or other role within an organisation in the corporate or not-for-profit sectors in Australia, and who has an interest in privacy practices and solutions.
How can I join Privacy Connections?
There is no charge for joining the network, simply subscribe with your name and organisation details.
For further information, please contact us.