Information Advisory Committee
On this page:
The Australian Information Commissioner Act 2010 provides for the appointment of an Information Advisory Committee (IAC). The role of the IAC is to assist and advise the Australian Information Commissioner in matters relating to the performance of the Information Commissioner functions. The IAC advises the Information Commissioner, it does not advise the Australian Government directly.
- Professor John McMillan, Australian Information Commissioner
- The Hon Dr John Bannon AO*, Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Adelaide
- Ms Anita Brown*, Trade Marks Attorney, Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick
- Ms Jenet Connell*, Deputy Secretary, Department of Finance and Deregulation
- Ms Elizabeth Kelly*, Deputy Secretary, Attorney-General’s Department
- Ms Jill Lang*, Consultant
- Mr Peter Lewis*, Executive Producer, Landline ABC News Brisbane
- Ms Roxanne Missingham*, University Librarian (Chief Scholarly Information Officer), Australian National University
- Mr Alan Noble*, Engineering Director, Google Sydney
- Ms Kirstie Parker*, Managing Editor, Koori Mail
- Mr Edward Santow*, Chief Executive Officer, Public Interest Advocacy Centre
- Mr Michael Simpson*, General Manager, Policy and Advocacy, Vision Australia
- Ms Su McCluskey, CEO, Regional Australia Institute (appointed 1 Feb 2013)
Note: The inaugural IAC members (marked *) were appointed on 29 September 2011. Other inaugural appointees who are no longer members of the committee are Dr Ian Reinecke who resigned in June 2012 and Ms Stephanie Foster whose appointment expired in October 2012.
- Information Advisory Committee minutes – 30 July 2012
- Joint Information Advisory Committee and Privacy Advisory Committee minutes – 3 May 2012
- Information Advisory Committee minutes – 6 December 2011
Note: The Privacy Advisory Committee, established under the Privacy Act 1988, advises the Information Commissioner on privacy issues.