On this page:
PAW partners demonstrate taking privacy seriously.
Partners for 2013 are acknowledged on this website to show their commitment to promoting good privacy practice and advancing the privacy rights of individuals. Over 140 organisations and agencies registered as PAW partners in 2012. In 2013 there were 159 partners.
Becoming a PAW partner is a non-financial arrangement. We only ask that you help us promote privacy awareness to your colleagues, clients, customers and other stakeholders. If you are interested in becoming a partner for 2014, email email@example.com.
The Australian Privacy Commissioner called on Australian businesses and government agencies to become PAW partners in 2013.
To view this video in a different format, see our resources page.
Our 2013 partners.
PAW is a great opportunity to spread the privacy message in your workplace. If you are a Privacy Contact Officer, use our resources to hold an event in your organisation to celebrate the week and raise awareness among staff about the importance of good privacy practice.
- Send an all staff email explaining what PAW is about and reminding staff of their privacy responsibilities.
- Share our infographic and use our social media tool kit.
- Remind staff about their information handling responsibilities.
- Let staff know who your organisation’s Privacy Contact Officer is and what their responsibilities are.
- Highlight a relevant privacy principle each day during the week.
- Encourage staff to familiarise themselves with the new Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- Prepare a log-in screen for your staff intranet that includes a message about the importance of privacy.
- Publish an article about privacy on your intranet. You might like to use our suggested newsletter content.
- Hold a training or information session that tells staff how your organisation is preparing for the privacy law reform changes. You might like to use our training slides and video.
- Encourage your organisation’s Privacy Contact Officers to develop awareness programs for PAW including internal events designed to remind staff of their information handling obligations.