Contact a credit reporting body (CRB) to obtain a copy of your credit report. You will be asked to provide personal information to enable them to properly identify you. This could include your:
- full name
- date of birth
- previous address
- driver's licence number.
To request a copy of your credit report contact these national CRBs:
- Veda: MyCreditFile.com.au (Veda) Phone: 1300 762 207
- D&B: CheckYourCredit.com.au Phone: 1300 734 806
- Experian: Experian Credit Services Phone: 1300 783 684
You can get a copy of your credit report for free from a CRB in all of the following circumstances:
- if you have applied for, and been refused credit, within the past 90 days
- where your request for access relates to a decision by a CRB or a credit provider to correct information included in your credit report, and
- once a year (not counting the above circumstances).
Credit reports are required to be provided within 10 days of the receipt of your request, however, if you want your report immediately there may be a charge involved. You can check with the CRB about any charges involved in getting your credit report immediately.