Online shopping and banking, social media, mobile apps, e-Gov services, loyalty cards and competitions can provide benefits, but make sure you’re not losing control of your personal information.
That’s why privacy policies are important — a good policy will tell you what you need to know before you provide your personal information.
- what personal information is collected
- if sensitive information is likely to be collected
- if your personal information is likely to be shared with a third party
- if personal information will be disclosed overseas
- how your personal information will be used and disclosed
- how personal information is stored and managed
- how you can access and correct your personal information
- how you can make a privacy complaint.
Privacy policies — read first and stay in control