Before you lodge a complaint with us

Before you lodge your complaint with us, take a minute to answer a few questions to see if we are likely to investigate your Consumer Data Right (CDR) complaint.

Is your complaint about how a provider has handled your CDR data?

If you are concerned about how your CDR data has been handled by a CDR provider, and have complained directly to the CDR provider but not received a response or the matter remains unresolved, you can lodge a complaint with the OAIC.

A CDR provider may be:

  • a business that already holds your data, who will transfer it to another business under the CDR at your request, and/or
  • a business that will have your data transferred to it under the CDR system, at your request

If you are unsure, you can contact our enquiries team.