Step 8 What should my recommendations include?
Your recommendations should identify avoidable impacts or risks and how they can be removed or reduced to a more acceptable level. A number of recommendations for the future of the project may emerge from the previous steps.
Your recommendations could:
- Suggest changes that would achieve a more appropriate balance between your project’s goals, the interests of affected individuals and your organisation’s interests
- Include privacy management strategies that will reduce or mitigate avoidable privacy risks
- Suggest the need for further consultation
- Note any remaining risks, which will need to be accepted by your organisation
- Draw a conclusion as to whether the benefits of the project will outweigh any remaining risks – in some cases, you may need to recommend that the project not proceed at all
Recommendations should identify the individual or business area responsible for carrying out the recommended action, and set out a timeframe for implementation.