11 Aug 2014

How do I access my personal information?

You can ask any organisation for access to records held about you.

A government agency is not allowed to charge you for access to your personal information, but a private sector organisation may charge a reasonable fee. Generally, they should give you access within 30 days.

You can also ask for your personal information to be corrected.

If they will not give you access or correct your information they must give you notice in writing telling you why.

For more information about privacy visit our website at: www.oaic.gov.au