What freedom of information statistics do agencies and ministers need to produce?
Every three months each agency or minister must provide the following information for the Information Commissioner’s annual report:
- the number of FOI requests made under s 15
- the number of decisions granting, partially granting or refusing access
- the number and outcome of requests to amend personal records under s 48
- charges collected for processing FOI requests
- the number and outcome of applications for internal review under s 54
The Information Commissioner has also continued the past practice of the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet to request additional information from agencies.
For more information see: Part 15 of the Guidelines and Guide to the Quarterly and Annual FOI Act Statistical Returns to the OAIC.
How do agencies and ministers provide FOI statistics to the Information Commissioner?
Agencies and ministers will enter their FOI statistics through a web portal managed by the OAIC. For more information see: Part 15 of the Guidelines and Guide to the Quarterly and Annual FOI Act Statistical Returns to the OAIC.