Northern Queensland and Nepean Blue Mountains: My Health Records
In June 2016, people whose registered Medicare address is in the Northern Queensland or Nepean Blue Mountains Primary Health Networks will have a My Health Record created for them. The My Health Record system has a number of privacy enhancing features designed to give you control over who accesses your health information. If you live in one of these areas, please read Privacy fact sheets 46 and 47 to find out more information about this system. The opt-out period closes on Friday 27 May 2016.
For more information you can also visit the My Health Record website or call its helpline on 1800 723 471.
- 26 May New consultation for draft Guide to big data and the Australian Privacy Principles closes 26 July
- 24 May Privacy Commissioner to visit WA, May 30/31
- 20 May LinkedIn 2012 data breach
- 16 May Privacy Awareness Week 2016 launches with UN privacy Rapporteur challenging Australia to take lead in Asia-Pacific
- 9 May PAW 2016: OAIC launches 10 privacy tips for parents and carers