Publication date: 13 September 2021
This consultation is now closed. The deadline for submissions was 13 October 2021.
On 6 September 2021, the Australian Information Commissioner received an application by the Australian Retail Credit Association (ARCA) to vary the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code 2014 (the CR Code) in accordance with section 26T of the Privacy Act 1988. This application follows consultation conducted by ARCA between 5 July – 11 August 2021.
18 February 2022
- Letter to OAIC providing CR Code revised application
- Attachment A: All changes to the current version of the CR Code
- Attachment B: Changes that will come into effect before 1 July 2022
- Attachment C: Changes that will come into effect on 1 July 2022
6 September 2021
- Part I – Introduction, consultation summary, key issues, and non-confidential submissions
Part 1 download link
- Part II – Explanation of draft changes (including when each proposal would be effective)
Part 2 download link
- Part III – Examples of the application of the draft changes
Part 3 download link
- Part IVa – Proposed CR Code
Part 4a download link
- Part IVb – Proposed CR Code changes – With mark-up to version 2.1
Part 4b download link
- Part V – Change log from the public consultation changes to final proposed changes
Part 5 download link
Purpose of the consultation
The OAIC is now conducting additional consultation on these application materials, during which the public may provide comments.
Information about the CR Code can be accessed through our privacy codes register.
How to provide comments
Submissions can be made by:
GPO Box 5218
The closing date for submissions is Wednesday 13 October 2021.
Although you may send your comments by email or post, email is preferred.
We intend to make all submissions publicly available. Please indicate when making your submission if it contains confidential information you don’t want made public and why it should not be published.
Requests for access to confidential comments will be determined in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
Privacy collection statement
The OAIC will only use the personal information it collects during this consultation for the purpose of considering the issues raised in the discussion paper.