Download the print-ready version
Long text description
Australian Community Attitudes to Privacy Survey 2017
People believe online services are the biggest privacy risk
- Online services: 32%
- ID fraud & theft: 19%
- Data breach: 17%
- Financials: 12%
- All other: 20%
- Hospitals/Health: 79%
- Banking/Finance: 59%
- Government: 58%
- Insurance: 40%
69% of us are more concerned about online privacy than we were five years ago.
Security concerns mean:
- 93% don't want their data to be sent overseas
- 79% don’t want their data shared with other organisations
- 58% decided not to deal with some businesses
- 44% avoid downloading smartphone apps
We could take more responsibility, but we don't usually.
- 61% check website security before giving personal information
- 65% read privacy policies
- 54% ask organisations why?
- 50% clear browsing history
- 50% shred documents
- 43% adjust privacy settings
Handle with care. Visit www.privacy.gov.au.