CR Code variations in-force (February 2020)
On 13 December 2019, the Australian Information Commissioner approved a variation to the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code 2014 (the CR Code). This follows an application by the Australian Retail Credit Association (ARCA) on 18 April 2019 (and amendments to the application dated 15 May 2019, 8 July 2019, 19 November 2019 and 11 December 2019) to vary the registered CR Code in accordance with section 26T of the Privacy Act 1988.
The variation commenced on 14 February 2020 when it was published on the Codes Register.
If you require any of the following documents in an another format, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approved variations to CR Code
- Further amended CR variation application
- Further CR variation application
- Variation application (including Annexures B and C)
- Annexure A: proposed variation of the registered CR Code:
- Annexure D: informal consultation material
- Annexure E: formal consultation material
- Annexure F: consultation outcome notes
- Annexure G: written submissions:
- Annexure H: Letter from ARCA to OAIC (18 April 2019)
- Additional consultation on proposed amendment to paragraph 12.2
- Financial Rights Legal Centre submission
- Joint Credit Reporting Bodies Submission