What is health information?
Health information is any personal information about your health or disability. It includes information or opinion about your illness, injury or disability.
Some examples of health information include:
- notes of your symptoms or diagnosis
- information about a health service you’ve had or will receive
- specialist reports and test results
- prescriptions and other pharmaceutical purchases
- dental records
- your genetic information
- your wishes about future health services
- your wishes about potential organ donation
- appointment and billing details
- any other personal information about you when a health service provider collects it