If you want to complain about the information in your credit report you should contact the relevant credit provider, credit reporting body or other relevant third party. They should generally make a decision about the complaint within 30 days.

If they don’t respond to the complaint, or you’re not satisfied with their response, you may complain to the relevant external dispute resolution (EDR) scheme.

A credit provider accessing the credit reporting system must be a member of an EDR scheme recognised by OAIC. A credit reporting body must also be a member of recognised EDR schemes.

An EDR scheme makes membership information available on their website. You can also contact the credit reporting body or credit provider to check what EDR schemes they belong to.

If you’re not satisfied with the outcome of the EDR process, or if you’d prefer to complain directly to the regulator, you can complain to us.

Your complaint must be in writing. We can‘t take it over the phone.

We may decide not to investigate a complaint made more than 12 months after you became aware of the act or practice.