The Privacy Act covers organisations with an annual turnover more than $3 million and operating in Australia, and some other organisations. A number of factors go into deciding if an organisation operates in Australia, including if they have a presence in Australia or carry on a business in Australia.
What must be included
- their name and contact details
- what kinds of personal information they collect and store
- how they collect personal information and where it is stored
- the reasons why they need to collect personal information
- how they’ll use and disclose personal information
- how you can access your personal information, or ask for a correction
- how to lodge a complaint if you think your information has mishandled, and how they’ll handle your complaint
- if they are likely to disclose your information outside Australia and, if practical, which countries they are likely to disclose the information to
If information handling practices change
Was this page helpful?
If you would like to provide more feedback, please email us at email@example.com